Substance abuse has become a severe problem in the United States and worldwide. Fortunately, many treatment options are available for people struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol. Professional substance abuse treatment offers numerous benefits, including improved mental health, increased social support, and better physical health. Call 888.541.4028 to speak with someone from Rhode Island Addiction Treatment Centers about our substance abuse treatment programs. Our experienced team of professionals maintains the highest quality of evidenced-based care at our substance abuse treatment centers in Rhode Island.
About Professional Substance Abuse Treatment
Professional substance abuse treatment is essential because it helps individuals cope with their addiction by providing them with the tools they need to overcome it. Overcoming addiction independently can be extremely difficult.
How Treatment Helps People Struggling with Addiction
Substance abuse treatment can help individuals:
- Understand triggers for addictive behaviors
- Develop healthy coping mechanisms
- Build skills to remain abstinent from substances
Treatment programs also strive to provide an environment of acceptance and understanding so that individuals feel safe discussing their struggles.
What to Expect from Substance Abuse Treatment
You may not know what to expect when you enter a rehab center, but that’s no reason to avoid treatment. Substance abuse treatment can include the following:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Holistic treatments, such as yoga or meditation
- Life skills classes
- Vocational training
- Recreational activities
Each individual’s unique needs will be assessed when designing a personalized plan for addiction recovery. The goal of substance abuse treatment is for the individual to learn how to manage their addiction and create a long-term plan for success in addiction recovery.
Benefits of Undergoing Substance Abuse Treatment
Professional addiction treatment is necessary to overcome substance use disorders (SUDs). It also offers the following benefits:
- A lasting recovery plan – Many treatment centers offer aftercare planning services so that once an individual completes their program, they have resources for continued sobriety support if needed.
- Enhanced physical health – Individuals in treatment often receive medical interventions such as MAT, which can reduce cravings while improving overall physical health.
- Improved mental health – Treatment allows individuals to work through underlying mental health issues that may have contributed to their SUDs, such as anxiety or depression.
- Improved quality of life – With sobriety comes increased quality of life, as individuals have more time and energy to focus on hobbies they enjoy or relationships they value—without the interference of drugs or alcohol taking priority over everything else.
- Increased social support – Through group therapy sessions or peer support meetings, individuals can gain a sense of community during their recovery journey, providing added motivation during difficult times.
Apart from ensuring that the substance abuse treatment program you choose involves the addictive substance you’re struggling with, it’s also essential to choose a program that fits your scheduling and care level needs. You or your loved one may need intensive care with 24-hour supervision. In such a case, a residential program may offer the best benefits. If you or your loved one want to honor work, school, and home responsibilities while overcoming addiction, an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or a partial hospitalization program (PHP) may be ideal. If you are experiencing gender-related issues as you struggle with addiction, a men’s or women’s rehab program may be what you need.
Find Substance Abuse Treatment at Rhode Island Addiction Treatment Centers
Substance abuse is a serious issue that requires professional help to overcome fully. Luckily, many options are available for those seeking assistance from Tides Behavioral Health. Contact Rhode Island Addiction Treatment Centers today at 888.541.4028 to learn more about our substance abuse treatment centers in Rhode Island. Our highly qualified team members can work with you as you choose a substance abuse treatment program appropriate for your needs.